Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REAL FREESTYLE - FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
Lightbulb 
REAL FREESTYLE - FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE

I have now created the first test style, where I have used a style as a basis, and replaced all style elements with Fills in 3 Variations, as well as Ending 2 in the last Variation.
All Intros and Endings have also been replaced; Intro 1 and Ending 1 with Intro 2 and Ending 2.
I've made this as complex as almost possible, to test what happens.

Style elements are taken from many different styles, which can give a very varied sound image.

Several things happen as a result of the complexity:
* Total output will be much higher than normal.
* The different style elements will also have varying output, but this can be easily adapted for each element in the Style Editor.
* A desirable edit in one place has unfortunate consequences in another, which requires special attention.
* It is also important to be aware that the selected base style's effects will set (its) new color on all replaced elements.

This test shows that the theory of using Fills, Intro 2 and (sometimes) Ending 2 as Variations works great.

It also shows that there is no point in making complex mixtures - it just results in a lot of unnecessary work with unforeseen (and unwanted) effects.

As it says:
The simple is often the best.

It strikes me that perhaps the best thing is to only replace Intro 1 and Ending 1 in existing styles, in order to achieve a Real Freestyle.

It is also interesting to create completely new styles by using Intro 2 and Ending 2 as Variations, while Fills is particularly useful for creating simple styles, and here blues is an obvious target.

.mp3   Real Freestyle test.mp3 (Size: 4.65 MB / Downloads: 6)
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • jucami (04-23-2024), Roshure (04-19-2024), welsh wizard (04-19-2024), whitecolin1 (04-20-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
Well Done you ....rhythm machine are so complex today and not easy to alternate with different rhythms ie on the old wersi wersimatic rhythm machine you could do anything ie you are playing using a cha cha setting then just press mambo or whatever to mix it up , which they cannot do today ,I think partly because it was separate on its own like todays all in the one screen so not easy to swap and change easily to much on one screen
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to welsh wizard for this post:
  • Chello (04-19-2024), musicalmemoriesuk (04-20-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
(04-19-2024, 03:58 PM)welsh wizard Wrote: Well Done you ....rhythm machine are so complex today  and not easy to alternate with different rhythms ie on the old wersi wersimatic  rhythm machine you could do anything ie  you are playing using a cha cha setting then just press mambo  or whatever to mix it up , which they cannot do today ,I think partly because it was separate on its own  like todays all in the one screen so not easy to swap and change easily  to much on one screen

Thank you for your comment.
I remember seeing what you say demonstrated on the old Wersi - everything was really easier to do before everything went digital.

Today, things are very complex; it is, in a way, digital technology's Achilles heel - that most things become unnecessarily complex.

The big challenge with what I am now doing is to achieve the same sound image for all the style's elements.
Whenever I try combinations, they always sound best without edits, because all effects from the different effects are changed when mixing.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • musicalmemoriesuk (04-20-2024), Roshure (04-19-2024), welsh wizard (04-19-2024)
Add Thank You Reply