Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
FORUMS YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM
Exclamation 
FORUMS YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM

CREATE SONG STYLES
The world's most nonsensical forum ?
I was Global Moderator there for over a year, and was active in all areas of the forum, which made the others with the same position strongly dislike my presence.
They tried many ways to get me removed, and apparently finally managed to influence the admin to exclude me.
He kept all of my work, and has it available to this day.
Almost all material you find there is stolen from other forums.
This forum's admin has launched a witch hunt to smear me, and bears a large part of the blame for others' participation in this.
Why pay for membership there, when you can find almost all the material for free elsewhere ?

PSR TUTORIAL FORUM
Made up of many of the best known in this type of forum, they generally have a low threshold for matter-of-fact and professional behavior, as most of the staff lack basic manners, and obviously haven't read the guidelines either.
The administration has for many years banned me without any valid reason, and at the same time they have systematically aspersed me and my forum.

KORG FORUMS
Consists of just about anything crawling and walking by people who have anything to do with Korg, but lacks competent moderators, which allows extremely rude comments.
Many of the moderators show inappropriate behavior, and several manufacturers act as if they are moderators, while harassing people who have a negative experience with their products.
One of the worst is the developer of Korg Pa Manager, who couldn't stand me claiming that the program wasn't working as it should.
As a result I was banned for life.

SYNTH ZONE
They banned me for life after reading comments in other forums.
That's how frivolous you can get.

The administration of these forums cannot possibly have read the GDPR or understood what this imposes on them regarding basic handling of controversies.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • musicalmemoriesuk (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024), welsh wizard (03-01-2024), yves (03-03-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
So much for freedom of speech. In society we receive negative comments or have people put us down, but what do you do either take it on the chin and pick yourself up and move on.

Much in the same way when I upload videos to social media. The way I do things is make the recording upload, if anyone comments respond then move on to the next project.
General Music WK4, Technics Kn5000, Solton Ms60, Yamaha Psr K1, Tyros 4, Korg Pa50sd and Korg Pa700
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to musicalmemoriesuk for this post:
  • bazt (03-01-2024), Chello (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
I totally agree with everything you say, add anything controversial and its shut down, Ask a question that has already been asked and you will get a rebuke, as you say most material can be found free on other sites so why pay?
The korg site is absolute garbage your lucky if you get a reply and the content is non existent.
In both forums they don`t want the failings of the manufacturers, outed or controversial subjects discussed.

I bought the G2 based on glowing reports and have never been so disappointed, so much so i have hardly touched it
the price reduced to £3600 glaring faults no outcry, then why have a forum? if you can`t display indignation without 
getting put down or banned.
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to whitecolin1 for this post:
  • bazt (03-01-2024), Chello (03-01-2024), musicalmemoriesuk (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024), welsh wizard (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
Maybe you should do an honest review on here from the perspective of someone whos actually owned a genos 2.

Taking away its touch screen interface is it really that far removed from the Tyros ?
General Music WK4, Technics Kn5000, Solton Ms60, Yamaha Psr K1, Tyros 4, Korg Pa50sd and Korg Pa700
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to musicalmemoriesuk for this post:
  • bazt (03-01-2024), Chello (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024), welsh wizard (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
(03-01-2024, 01:42 PM)musicalmemoriesuk Wrote: So much for freedom of speech. In society we receive negative comments or have people put us down, but what do you do either take it on the chin and pick yourself up and move on.

Much in the same way when I upload videos to social media. The way I do things is make the recording upload, if anyone comments respond then move on to the next project.

You are so right.
I have mostly not let this affect me, and started this forum as a direct consequence of being blacklisted in all forums.

I have run the forum in my own way, and have probably made some mistakes along the way, but have learned from them, and do what I can so that everyone can say what they think about things, even if their opinions are controversial.

Precisely controversial opinions are particularly interesting and help to create a broad platform for healthy discussions, from which we can all learn something.

The administrators of the above forums have been around longer than me, but have learned nothing from their own mistakes.

*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • bazt (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024), welsh wizard (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
(03-01-2024, 01:47 PM)whitecolin1 Wrote: I totally agree with everything you say, add anything controversial and its shut down, Ask a question that has already been asked and you will get a rebuke, as you say most material can be found free on other sites so why pay?
The korg site is absolute garbage your lucky if you get a reply and the content is non existent.
In both forums they don`t want the failings of the manufacturers, outed or controversial subjects discussed.

I bought the G2 based on glowing reports and have never been so disappointed, so much so i have hardly touched it
the price reduced to £3600 glaring faults no outcry, then why have a forum? if you can`t display indignation without 
getting put down or banned.

Well said, Colin.
These forums have a common thread, and that is that controversial opinions are attempted to be ridiculed, and if someone asks something that has already been asked, they are dismissed and treated as molboes.
The administration of these forums obviously needs a course in discussion technique and basic psychology.

It's amazing to note that the G2 avoids all negative criticism on YouTube, while the Pa5X was flayed alive.
I note that those who try to express their indignation at G2 are effectively beaten down and tried to be portrayed as ignorant amateurs, with one single exception:
The exception is Antony Sharmman at Korg Forums.

He has repeatedly nailed these to the wall with his technically knowledgeable explanations, and no one is able to contradict his arguments.
He is also a person who lacks empathy, but has his usefulness in a forum that does not seem to have any kind of leadership qualities among the administration.

You are welcome to write a complete review about your G2, so that we get a complete overview.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • bazt (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024), whitecolin1 (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
@ Chello

Hi rob. Had to google  molboes .....
Interesting tale.  AND relevant, I got slated for "asking stupid questions" Everything you asked is in the manual...
Really useful NOT

Anyway that was Create Song Styles. Which consisted mainly of editing existing Styles.

Regards 
Barrie T
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bazt for this post:
  • Chello (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply
(03-01-2024, 05:37 PM)bazt Wrote: @ Chello

Hi rob. Had to google  molboes .....
Interesting tale.  AND relevant, I got slated for "asking stupid questions" Everything you asked is in the manual...
Really useful NOT

Anyway that was Create Song Styles. Which consisted mainly of editing existing Styles.

Regards 
Barrie T

Thanks for your supportive comment, Barrie.
I figured you'd have to google molboes (fools), lol.

Create Song Styles has some of the worst moderators around and they are active in every forum.
THEY should have been banned for their behavior towards members.

I have now been banned from these forums for 8 years and it looks like it will be for life.
Therefore, I finally made this decision to broadcast what they stand for, so that all members (and guests) can read this and pass it on.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • bazt (03-01-2024), Roshure (03-01-2024)
Add Thank You Reply