Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEST OF NEOVA MIDI RING CONTROLLER
Exclamation 
TEST OF NEOVA MIDI RING CONTROLLER

THE PRODUCT CANNOT BE RECOMMENDED

(Previously published on Chellos Song Styles)

Plume software and manual included.
MIDI cables are not included.
Price: 399$
https://www.enhancia-music.com/product/n...me9DrKusv0

Installation:
Fysical connection is very simple and logical.
This is done by connecting the included USB cable C-end to the hub and B-end to the PC.
Then connect the two supplied minijack cables to the hub`s MIDI in and MIDI out to 2 MIDI cables (not supplied), which are connected to the keyboard's MIDI out and in.

The manual is not helpful, because much has not been clarified.
Online video tutorial is very bad and deficient, and gives a false image that everything is Plug & Play.

The controller is based on 4 different movements; which provides the ability to control Vibrato, Pitch Bend, Tilt and Roll.
These can be freely programmed as you wish with the included Plume software.

First time use:
The ring gives no effect, although I have followed the manual and video tutorial for installation.

What could be the cause?

The manual says nothing about this can happen and what to do, and is generally very cluttered organized with bad and incomplete explanations.

After some time of frustration, I found out that the ring was not connected - because it was not charged. The manual says nothing about this.
The way the ring is charged is that the ring is placed in a pit in the hub, which has 2 very small contacts.
A very idiotic patent, which requires a certain patience; but after a few tries it's okay.
The ring needs 1 and a half hours to charge.

When the ring was fully charged, however, there was still no effect from it.

Why?

I was prepared for problems, because a synth and an arranger have very different MIDI layouts.
I was convinced that the cause had to be found in Pa2x's setup, and after several hours of trying, I got the ring to work for Vibrato and Pitch Bend.
I contacted the manufacturer's support and explained the problem.

A few hours later I received an answer - both from the manufacturer, the company that sold the ring and Roland who distributes it.

It turned out that a setting in the ring's software had to be changed to enable the Tilt function, which is the most important for me.
The Roll function I have not made work so far.

So how good is it?
I have now played a few hours with the ring, and have several negative complaints:
Although it comes with 8 rings in different sizes (the stone is clipped to the ring you choose), the largest is just big enough for my index finger.

After talking to the manufacturer, I received 5 extra large rings free of charge in a few days.
However, this does not help much, because it is very risky to loosen the stone from the ring I mounted it in; it is easy to destroy the connection between ring and stone.

It also feels very uncomfortable, because it is bulky in its design with a too wide frame, which means that it touches the fingers next to it.

This is not the worst:
The ring's functions are based on static movements, which does not suit my way of using my hand, as I play dynamically, as a pianist does.
This makes it almost impossible to play with more than one active function, because you lose control of both vibrato and pitch bend.

The product was returned to the seller with a full refund.

Pros:
* Ability to integrate functions such as Pitch Bend, Modulation, etc. in right or left hand movements.
Very convenient.
* Fast and efficient support from both manufacturer, marketer and store.

Cons:
* Very demanding to get to work with an arranger, because MIDI setup is different than for a synth / DAW. You need to find the right settings for your arranger.
* Poor and deficient manual and tutorial.
* The ring is uncomfortable to use.
* The configuration of the ring affects the configuration of the keyboard, and behaves very unstable.
* Good service is worthless when you constantly get problems that need to be solved.
* High price: $ 399 must be said to be a high price to pay for a few features.

Final conclusion:
The product does not meet my expectations, and is marketed as a Plug & Play product, which it definitely does not appear to be.
A more static movement of the hand is required than usual, which means that it will take some time before the ring becomes a natural part of the hand's movements.

THE PRODUCT CANNOT BE RECOMMENDED
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Arius (12-25-2021), bazt (12-29-2021), Roshure (12-20-2021)
Add Thank You Reply