Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW TO DO - EASY STYLE SAVE
Lightbulb 
HOW TO DO - EASY STYLE SAVE
for how to save style part edits using MIXER/EQ & Style Creator.

Although this procedure is verified for the DGX-670, it should also work for all S-models, A-models, Tyros models as well as SX and Genos, as all of these use the same system.

With EASY STYLE SAVE you can store everything you do in MIXER which has to do with the style itself, but not Harmonic Content, Brightness and EQ for the right voices.
All parts will automatically be assigned the same edit as you do in Main A, for example.

I have tested this with internal styles as well as styles made from MIDI in the formats sty, bcs, sst, prs and All Yamaha SFF Styles.

NOTE:
In some cases this will not work, which is because the style may have previously been edited on a keyboard / program, and thus locked to this.
Remember to test that your edits is saved, by turning the keyboard off and then on again and finally checking the settings in your saved style in MIXER.

HOW TO DO:

1. Open the current style
2. Press MIXER / EQ
3. Make the edits you want in Volume / Pan, Filter, Effect, EQ, Master EQ and Compressor.
Make sure this is done in the desired area; Panel, External, Style, etc.
4. When edits are done, press MENU/Style Creator/Enter/Current Style/Exit.
5. Press Groove at the top, then Save and Save again, select name and OK.

Your edited and saved style is automatically added to User, but you can of course copy it to a USB stick.

I have attached an internal style from my DGX which I have edited with the EASY STYLE SAVE method.

By playing the style and opening MIXER, you can see that Style Volumes is changed to 63, drum kits in the style are changed to HipHop, Filter values in Style are changed from 0 to 20, and EQ values in style are changed from 0 to 20.

Attached Files
.sty   8BeatModern.EDIT.sty (Size: 51.76 KB / Downloads: 43)
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • graham (04-22-2022), john-s (04-26-2022), musicalmemoriesuk (04-25-2022), Roshure (04-22-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
Chello. This is an interesting different approach to Style Editing...but ! 
EDIT. This is way we have always done it and it was not saving every adjustment, Steve (Yamaha) said to active StyleCreator first then press Menu EQ (The Style Creator will stay active).
After making adjustment in Menu EQ...EXIT which auto opens Style Creator tab to Assembly and select SAVE.
May take a couple of days but I will follow your notes through to check if I get the same results.

I have spent today going through my DGX saved RGT's a number that have not linked to the correct style, deleted these to tidy up my RGT folder.
I'm at present reastablishing my USB with newfolders. STY's...RGT's...VOICES...MIDI etc:

Input from other forum DGX owners would be welcome if they are interested.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to graham for this post:
  • Chello (04-22-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
@graham
Chello. This is an interesting different approach to Style Editing.
May take a couple of days but I will follow your notes through to check if I get the same results.

Remember to test that your edits is actually saved, by turning the keyboard off and then on again and finally checking the settings in your saved style in MIXER.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • graham (04-22-2022)
Add Thank You Reply