Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting To Grips With Tyros4 Voice Creator
Todays Topics - Getting To Grips With The Tyros4 Voice Creator and UVN Sounds

Whilst there may not be many Tyros3 / 4 owners left I thought it might be of interest.

Up until now I’ve just loaded new sounds into my Tyros4 and left as is, but I’ve been thinking the best way of managing these sounds, creating libraries that can be changed if needs be.

This is where I’ve done some research and found that unlike the Tyros5 which uses the expansion manager on the Tyros4 and possibly the 3 you have to use the Voice Creator.

Each sound (uvn) that you load into the Tyros4 Will have samples which are linked to it. The samples are loaded in blocks (Sequentially).

If you want to delete an individual sound the sound itself is deleted but any samples linked to that sound remain and will need to be deleted.

Once you have loaded all you uvn sounds it’s possible to save them as a library (like a sound pack) which if for example you create a folder called piano sounds all the sounds you selected to save as a library will be exported into that folder and the uvi file (which you name) will also be put into that folder.

Then it’s possible to if you wish to reload the sounds or another library of sounds by loading the uvi file (Library file) which will then load any sounds linked to it.

If you want to delete an individual sound I’ve read that is best to first delete any samples linked to a particular sound first then the actual sound itself
General Music WK4, Technics Kn5000, Solton Ms60, Yamaha Psr K1, Tyros 4, Korg Pa50sd and Korg Pa700
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to musicalmemoriesuk for this post:
  • Chello (04-06-2022), ludo willems (04-07-2022), Roshure (04-06-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
@musicalmemoriesuk

Thanks for your Todays Topics.
Also thank you for keeping a certain activity over time - you are good at this.

Your explanation of how to manage sounds is very good, and agrees completely with my experiences.
There are still many who have Tyros4, so your commitment will surely delight many in the future - Tyros4 is among the best from Yamaha, and deserves all possible attention.

Keep up the good work.

Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • musicalmemoriesuk (04-06-2022), Roshure (04-06-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
I just share my experiences which is a very large gap left by arranger companies.

There is a total lack of people that owners can turn to, to give an easy to understand but not patronising explanation. There is so much coverage and tutorials when it comes to audio production but very little for arranger owners.
General Music WK4, Technics Kn5000, Solton Ms60, Yamaha Psr K1, Tyros 4, Korg Pa50sd and Korg Pa700
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to musicalmemoriesuk for this post:
  • Chello (04-06-2022), Roshure (04-06-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
For the past few year I have used Voice Edit to adjust voice sample to my liking.
DGX670 does not contain expansion memory...and my T5-76 did not have expansion menory anyway.

Regarding your comment...No updates for CVP's...these CVP owners none (most anyway) would not have any interest in making OS adjustments even if these updates were given to them.

But I agree with you these companies are just interesting in selling the latest models...
THEY WANT YOUR MONEY.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to graham for this post:
  • Chello (04-07-2022), musicalmemoriesuk (04-07-2022), Roshure (04-07-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
Not knocking people playing but I see countless videos of playing a whole song with the same sound through its entirety, which is like reading a book aloud just word for word not making it sound interesting.

Yes it’s find if your playing in the style of an unplugged set, with just a guitar, piano.

It’s worth putting a little thought into creating an arrangement
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to musicalmemoriesuk for this post:
  • Chello (04-07-2022), Roshure (04-07-2022)
Add Thank You Reply