Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BASIC STEP 6 - Detection of Ending(s)
Lightbulb 
BASIC STEP 6
Detection of Ending(s)

IMPORTANT:
Since this is an extensive work, it is a good idea to save the work right away, and this is done by clicking on the last floppy disk icon Save Song to Style Project to the right of Project at the top.

A tip:
You can add ENDINGS at the end of the file name, thus saving a work window for each step.
This is saved as a .STS file and can be opened at any time by clicking on the first floppy disk icon Load Song to Style Project.

By saving everything this way, you can easily go to each step and see what you have done.

Remember to press Save Song to Style Project regularly, so you do not have to make major mistakes that involve a lot of extra work.
Be attentive to make sure you save to the correct file address each time.

When you open Song To Style Converter after saving your project for the first time, this message appears:

Press No, because projects opened from backups provide insecure storage.

You are now ready to do the final part of Basic Steps with Style Works, which consists of selecting Ending(s).

As you can see, Style Works has automatically created the Start and Length; 79/4 for Ending A, and 75/8 for Ending B and C.
These values are mostly wrong, which they ALWAYS are.

By clicking on Ending A (and the others afterwards) you hear that this starts too late and stops too late, while Intro 2 and 3 start correctly, but stop too late.

Ending A starts in the right place, but is 1 bar too short, as there must always be 1 empty bar to go on after Ending is finished.
Also note that the first bass beat has the wrong key, something all Endings has.
Endings B and C start (for my taste) a little too early - they get too long.
A good universal style should have as short endings as possible, and I therefore choose the following values:

Note that Ending A starts with the wrong key in the first bass beat - it shows A m under Edit Song at the top when you play it.
This must later be corrected to C.
Finally, B and C start with the correct key C.

Feel free to try with your own choice of values - the procedure is the same as described in STEP 3 - Detection of Intro(s).

Now is the time to select the right sounds for endings, and this is done by clicking on Details for Ending A, after which the window for Part Editor then shows:
(You can drag the window where you want for the best overview)

Now we need to select the correct voices in Source, and since we have already done this for Intros and the procedure is identical for Endings, we can do this very easily by opening Part Editor for Intro A:

Then press Copy Configuration, and select Endings A, B and C, and press Okay.

When you now open Part Editor for all Endings, you see that all have the same values as Intros:

Now only a small detail remains, namely to correct the first bass beat for Ending A, which I previously mentioned has the wrong key - Ending B and C are correct.

Open Part Editor for Ending A, and click the check box under Force basic note in Part Editor so that it is removed.
Now Ending A has the right key for the first bass beat - it shows C.

Now everything is done and can be saved as a style.
Remember to save your work by tapping the Save Song to Style Project diskette icon first.

Tap the Style diskette icon on the far right and tap Save.
The following window shows:

If the File name suits you, you accept it, otherwise you enter what you want.
Make sure that the storage takes place at your desired destination.
One very important thing is to accept the proposed Save as type, which is Common Style.
By choosing this type, the style can be played on all compatible models.

That was all; now everything is done and you can play the style on your keyboard.

Now begins the final work - which must be done on your keyboard, which consists of choosing the most suitable voices on the keyboard, plus correcting the volume for these - they all have 100 as a fixed value set by Style Works, which suits all brands except Yamaha.
Yamaha has a special layout, which in turn requires you to change from 100 to about 63 to achieve the right balance point, so that the voices for style and the right section are equally powerful.

One last tip:
Try changing the Playback for all Intros and Endings to Neutral, play this style on the keyboard, and hear how much more universal the style becomes.

Styles made in Neutral are the same as Yamaha`s FreePlay styles, except that the ones we make in Style Works have a fixed tempo.

Remember to save this style with a different name so that you do not overwrite the one you first created.

I have attached my edited files for this project, so you can check yours against mine:

Attached Files
.sty   Who'll Stop the Rain Chello`s Edit.sty (Size: 34.25 KB / Downloads: 33)
.sts   Who`ll Stop the Rain - CCR Chello`s Edit.sts (Size: 109.92 KB / Downloads: 38)
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Roshure (02-28-2022)
Add Thank You Reply