Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any computer wizes
Hi a while back i reformatted my hd by mistake and lost some vital styles i tried to retrieve them and although they look like the same files a`rent recognised
Anyone got any experience of this as lost a lot of midi for gigs etc 
I know its a long shot 

Thanks regardless
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to whitecolin1 for this post:
  • Arius (10-17-2021), Chello (10-15-2021), Orgeln (10-15-2021), Paul (10-17-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
@Colin

There are a number of programs for recovering lost files.
They all have one thing in common:
They promise gold and green forests, are expensive - but they do not recreate the files you want to recreate.
Text files work just fine, but movies and music are worse.

A few years ago I bought the ReclaiMe File Recovery Standard, which seemed to work quite well.
Then comes the irony:

I experienced a complete crash on the hard drive that contained the program, and I needed the program to recreate the program ...
Hopeless ..?  56

They did not send the program by email, and have changed version, which means that my purchased code does not work for the version I later downloaded.
As far as I know, there are no free programs that work well - they should all have your money before the files can be "recreated", and you will probably experience being scammed.

However, I'll see what I can do to help you.  59
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Arius (10-17-2021), john-s (10-26-2021), Orgeln (10-17-2021), Paul (10-17-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
(10-17-2021, 05:42 AM)CHELLO Wrote: @Colin

There are a number of programs for recovering lost files.
They all have one thing in common:
They promise gold and green forests, are expensive - but they do not recreate the files you want to recreate.
Text files work just fine, but movies and music are worse.

A few years ago I bought the ReclaiMe File Recovery Standard, which seemed to work quite well.
Then comes the irony:

I experienced a complete crash on the hard drive that contained the program, and I needed the program to recreate the program ...
Hopeless ..?  56

They did not send the program by email, and have changed version, which means that my purchased code does not work for the version I later downloaded.
As far as I know, there are no free programs that work well - they should all have your money before the files can be "recreated", and you will probably experience being scammed.

However, I'll see what I can do to help you.  59

Thanks for that buddy so i ended buying one of these programmes  and at first it appeared to have worked it showed the files on the pc but then when i tried to use then something missing bizzare , the reason i asked is i feel it might have something missing but my skills on the computer cant work it out.
The midi/mp3 files were for care home gigs and originally belonged to a very good organist but has recently died and i feel i have lost his legacy so to speak as the genos originally belonged to him. I have the files if you could have a brief look at them ? but you probably will tell straight away whether they are recoverable. thanks for the reply good forum this
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to whitecolin1 for this post:
  • Arius (10-17-2021), Chello (10-17-2021), Orgeln (10-17-2021), Paul (10-17-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
@Colin

I have the same problem; the files are "recreated" and apparently show the correct size and icon, but can not be opened.
This probably means that there is a reference missing in all files, which must be retrieved and built into the files.

This is a type of work that is reserved for the extremely professional, something I am not.
However, I can try different programs on my own crashed hard drive, and see if anyone is able to recreate some file types.

*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membranes) *Tweeter horns with double membranes & Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
  • Arius (10-17-2021), bazt (10-17-2021), Orgeln (10-17-2021), Paul (10-17-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
@Colin

I'm currently testing a program that might work.
A pointer to whether a program works or not is the time it takes to scan your hard drive, plus the number of files it finds.

The program I am now testing shows previews of the files; for example, I can see pictures of some .png and .jpg already.
Thus, the program manages to recreate these.

It takes about 4 hours to search through the selected SSD disk, which is 489 GB.
Only when the process is finished in about 2 hours, I can say with certainty whether the program is good enough or not.

• Arius (10-17-2021), Orgeln (10-17-2021), Paul (10-17-2021), Roshure (10-17-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
(10-17-2021, 12:26 PM)CHELLO Wrote: @Colin

I'm currently testing a program that might work.
A pointer to whether a program works or not is the time it takes to scan your hard drive, plus the number of files it finds.

The program I am now testing shows previews of the files; for example, I can see pictures of some .png and .jpg already.
Thus, the program manages to recreate these.

It takes about 4 hours to search through the selected SSD disk, which is 489 GB.
Only when the process is finished in about 2 hours, I can say with certainty whether the program is good enough or not.

thank you for your effort buddy
le me know if you have any success
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to whitecolin1 for this post:
  • Chello (10-18-2021), Orgeln (10-18-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
@Colin
I have now finished testing the program I found. 9

IT WORKS FOR BOTH MIDI AND MP3.

One thing is very important to be aware of when recovering lost files:
Anything you enter after a loss of files will overwrite lost data, and limit the result.

In my case, all the data had first disappeared, and I then formatted the disk, installed Windows and used it as the main disk for a while.

My starting point for recovering files is thus not the best, but still:

I managed to recover both image formats, wav, flac, mp3, MIDI plus various video formats.
I have tested all these formats by playing the files, and mostly found no errors or omissions.
Some files were truncated or could not be played, but this is probably because the disc is partially overwritten after formatting.

Styles for Yamaha are among the few that can not be restored - I have not tested other formats for use on keyboards.
Documents such as .doc showed with illegible characters, while Publisher files were repaired. Good for me, because I use this program for the most part.

All other programs I have previously tried to recover files have not done the job and they have been very fast.
It is worth knowing that work like this takes place in real time - it took for example 4 hours to recreate close to 800 GB on my 500 GB disk.
I only stored just over 100 GB, because I currently lack free disk space, which took almost two hours.

The program managed to recover 8 lost partitions, which I have not saved yet.

If you have only formatted the disc and not entered new data, you should be able to achieve very good results for your midis and Mp3 files.

I do not name the program here, because I do not want guests and others to share my knowledge - they can apply for membership. 22

A link will soon be posted in another area.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Arius (10-18-2021), Orgeln (10-18-2021), whitecolin1 (10-18-2021)
Add Thank You Reply