Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEST OF KORG PA5X 76 - PART 2; TESTING X-FADER
Lightbulb 
TEST OF KORG PA5X 76 - PART 2; TESTING X-FADER

PREFACE
This is being launched as something completely new, but I feel sure I've seen something similar before - on OASYS, Kronos and the Nautilus.
All of these 3 models use more tracks than normal that contain both drums and bass, and these often have widely different rhythm patterns, which in addition can be highly syncopated.

Syncopes are just one key word to understand how complex this is; a really good drummer uses syncopes effectively, which places similar demands on the band's other musicians, and it takes very little to get them out of touch with each other.

Korg's top synths uses short syncopated rhythm patterns that are mixed together, which is quite similar to what we see on Pa5X, but with the difference that on Pa5X there are systematized patterns in terms of styles and their more bounded structure.

I have experienced many times that the rhythm pattern has crashed on both OASYS, Kronos and Nautilus when I have played progressive - everything get out of step.

2 STYLES AT THE SAME TIME - X-FADER
As far as I can figure out, it's impossible to stop both players by e.g. pressing ending.
Doing so all videos show; pressing stop, results in only one style stopping, and the same thing happens if you press ending instead.

I have tried to hold down Shift while pressing stop or ending - but then a menu called Fill Mode opens.
Maybe this is mentioned in the manual somewhere, but I can't find anything.
The only option that works for both styles is Fade - then both stop.

Everything indicates that this is a bug, which incidentally should be easy to fix.

Otherwise, I would argue that the synchronization of 2 styles is working properly.
It is important that both styles have the same tempo (use Tempo Lock).

Mixing a 3/4 with a 2/4 is perfectly straightforward - problems only arise when a style has e.g. 5/4 or 6/8 somewhere inside the style, which is expected - this is due to the beat structure of the music.

I have created many styles from midi that have not worked fully due to mixed beat structure.

Pa5X should not be blamed for this happening, and anyone who knows the basics of music theory should understand and accept this.

1 STYLE AND 1 VOCAL TRACK TOGETHER
As mentioned earlier, I was particularly anticipative of this feature.

The first thing I had to do was try to find Vocal Tracks online, which was easy.

But it immediately turned out that all of them were of such miserable quality that they could not be used.

Consequently, I had to try to find a program to make them myself.
I tested several applications that required installation, as well as several online solutions - all but one online application were useless.

The online program modernMT Vocal Remover turned out to be as good as the highest rated, but is free.

The only limitation is the number of splits over a period of time, and it can save the file as either Mp3 (256kb/s) or Wave. In addition, it has several other useful features such as Key/BPM Finder plus other.

Finally, the file should be clean-cut for empty batches, which can be done with the free program Wave Editor.

It's also important to be aware that different singers have their way of using their voice that can confuse Pa5X's AI (artificial intelligence) circuitry - the way they bend the notes as well as the chords that are expected to be added can quickly cause problems with transpose along the way.

When a Vocal Track has finished processing as MP3, it can be loaded into player 2.

The first ones I made worked badly because they were too complex.
I've created and tested 10 less complex Vocal Tracks, and most of them work beyond all expectations.

I thought at first they all had to be made in C Major/Minor, but that's not the case - what's important is that you start in the same key that the song has.

There are tremendous variations of what is possible with a Vocal Track, and some can be played almost completely freely - the song follows your chords.

Ending a style with Vocal Track meets the same challenge as 2 styles - it doesn't work.

But I have absolutely no problem authenticating the feature, because it is very easy to start and stop player 2 along the way.

This is one of the biggest advances in keyboards ever, and I can guarantee you that I am wildly excited - I'm going to be using this feature A LOT in the future.

Well done, Korg! 

CONCLUSION - after 4 days of testing:
After testing Pa5X's ability to play Vocal Tracks along with a style for 4 days, I am more and more impressed by this feature's flexibility.

Pa5X's built-in artificial intelligence works far better than I expected - some Vocal Tracks can even be forced to play at any key and tempo without anything crashing.

A Vocal Track I played for about 30 minutes consecutively, and changed style, genre and tempo while playing - without anything going wrong - the Vocal Track changed key and tempo according to the style.

I will make a demo when I have received my new audio interface.

It is recommended to try different Vocal Tracks, because there is a huge difference in how these can be played in terms of key and tempo.

This is the most inspiring feature I've ever tried on an arranger - it gives a lot of the same freedom and enjoyment of playing as the best combinations do with Kronos.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Arius (08-11-2022), Graham UK (08-11-2022), Roshure (08-11-2022), whitecolin1 (08-11-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
Chello. Your 5X reports are welcome & interesting...So we will allow you to go to bed tonight !
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Graham UK for this post:
  • Arius (08-11-2022), Chello (08-11-2022), Roshure (08-11-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
@Graham
Chello. Your 5X reports are welcome & interesting...So we will allow you to go to bed tonight !

Thank you for your vigilant welcome to my tests - I do not sleep ..!
This has never happened before - it becomes more engaging with each passing day.

In addition, my "performances" with famous singers seem to be becoming very popular on SoundCloud.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Arius (08-11-2022), Roshure (08-11-2022)
Add Thank You Reply