Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPINION OF PA5X AFTER 7 MONTHS OF USE
Information 
OPINION OF PA5X AFTER 7 MONTHS OF USE

New bugs are constantly appearing, but these are unproblematic in relation to my use.

One thing can be established:
The Pa5X is the best of all when it comes to styles from midi - many styles that have not worked with any other models work brilliantly, and the Pa5X is more stable within midi than any others.

It is very rare that the keyboard has to be restarted as a result of mixing different formats, while both Pa2X, Pa3X and Pa4X were a nightmare in this respect; they had to be restarted all the time.

The Pa series has always had problems with strings from midi, but the Pa5X has absolutely no problems.

In a short time I have made over 70 styles which are good enough, while several are exceptionally good.
This proves that Tyros4 has met his master, as Tyros4 has been the master in this area.

Pa5X is the new champion.  68 72
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membrane) *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • john-s (03-14-2023), Roshure (03-09-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
Although i wouldn`t wouldn`t argue with your midi assessment as some of your styles are grest.
But for most its not about that .My  engineer friend tells me that there have been more than a few returned due to the poor instruction manual and inability too use the keyboard the way they want and breakdowns.
I spoke to the Korg rep who promised a collaboration and have nothing since,, also the forums are littered with lack of communication from Korg.
I have a guy who contacts me regularly moaning of faults and things he can`t do to the point i dread his calls.

so my assessment of the Korg are somewhat different.
Yrs the Korg has great sounds and styles
but they aren`t consistently across all styles and voices 
The basic functions seem easy but saving sets sts is a pain and shoudn`t need to go through other functions to achieve
The balances between style voicing and in particular pads ,are all over the place, again requiring internal tweaking.
The communication to korg and the customer is poor  their is a new voice set which again is heavily edited with reverb and
atmospheric sounds ,
neither the sound set or new manuals 1547 pages were communicated  despite  being set up to the Korg  newsletter
Thank goodness for Chello.

Namm has said they have  some new innovation products keyboards etc from Yamaha, which may indicate a new arranger

I still see the Korg as a flawed Diamond, full of potential but the aftercare is woeful and leaves the door open to other manufacturers taking advantage

Just to reiterate James sentiments of very little participation from members other than videos. 
I would love to know what pushes peoples buttons other than free content ?
i like Chellos views and slaughter bench
I like the tutorials in the group , how toos
I would like maybe a interactive forum for debate (live)

This is without doubt the most knowledgeable group, that just needs more people posting
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to whitecolin1 for this post:
  • Chello (03-09-2023), Graham UK (03-09-2023), Roshure (03-09-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
@Colin

Thank you for your detailed comment.
As you clearly indicate, most users of Pa5X are more advanced than others, and work deeper into the system than normal.

There is no doubt that existing manuals are very deficient, plus the many bugs block many doors for advanced use.
When Korg is also non-existent in follow-up service, this effectively reduces the Pa5X's popularity.
The diamond remains uncut.

Certain basic functions are an illogical nightmare, and editing Keyboard sets is one of them.
This also applies to editing Pads as well.
I am trying to find a solution and have found one but need time to make sure it works.
Hopefully this will end up with one or more tutorials.

Thank you for appreciating my views, slaughter bench, tutorials and how to do.

*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membrane) *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
  • Roshure (03-09-2023), whitecolin1 (03-09-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
I know you have your paid membership area.  But if an area was made available only when members have contributed so many posts, so you only get to access certain areas according to how active you are.

Yes this Pa5x is a great Arranger from what Chello has posted, and taking on board the comments by Colin it’s pretty bad that there is no representative from Korg actually saying if or what they are doing to address any problems. It’s alright doing the sell sell sell but if there’s no support to back it up people will speak with their feet and go elsewhere.

As you remember from my previous post on the Tyros4 premium packs being re released for an Arranger that is no longer in production is a company that is actually listening to it’s existing users, yes a lot of people will have moved onto newer models but there are a lot of people purchasing older models of Arrangers that were originally too expensive for them.
General Music WK4, Technics Kn5000, Solton Ms60, Yamaha Psr K1, Tyros 4, Korg Pa50sd and Korg Pa700
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to musicalmemoriesuk for this post:
  • Chello (03-09-2023), Roshure (03-09-2023), whitecolin1 (03-09-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
@Musical Memories

Many thanks for your input, which gave me an idea to try something new regarding contribution and access.
The basic setup might work best - it's been a while since I used this, but I'll look into it again.

Today's production conditions mean that more and more people are buying older top models, which is actually quite reasonable; not least because development has been fairly stagnant for the past 30 years.

The only challenge will be obtaining spare parts.
My OASYS is one of those for which it is difficult to find parts, but you always have the option of buying an extra one.
OASYS has the best keybed on the market.

I still haven't started the restoration, but have got hold of RAM and Deoxit cleaning spray (Deoxit costs €50..!).
It's impossible to know if I'll need to replace any cards until Deoxit has been running for a while, and I'll start the restoration work soon.

• Roshure (03-09-2023), whitecolin1 (03-09-2023)
Add Thank You Reply