Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question. Enlarging Lead Sheet chords & Notes
MuseScore. In MuseScore I know how to increase Chord & Note sizes & Delete Words.

QUESTION.Do we have a PC program to do the same with Lead Sheets by increasing for larger view & Print Out.?

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Graham UK for this post:
  • Chello (07-03-2022), Chris (06-28-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
@Graham UK

I use Adobe Acrobat to edit sheets. Particularly, cropping the sheet to remove any white border, to the edge of the staves.

This has the effect of making the score view larger, in effect as the "paper" size is still the same. In other words, by removing all white borders the bit you want to see grows in size.

I view music on a tablet  by the way and you will notice the file size actually increases after the edit (strange but true)

I hope I've made it clear enough above

Barrei T

Attached Files
.pdf   Bye Bye Love,.pdf (Size: 163.72 KB / Downloads: 11)
.pdf   Bye Bye Love Edited.pdf (Size: 452.92 KB / Downloads: 11)
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to bazt for this post:
  • Chello (07-03-2022), Graham UK (07-03-2022), john-s (07-05-2022), ludo willems (07-03-2022), Roshure (07-03-2022), yves (06-28-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
(07-03-2022, 01:03 PM)bazt Wrote: @Graham UK

I use Adobe Acrobat to edit sheets. Particularly, cropping the sheet to remove any white border, to the edge of the staves.

This has the effect of making the score view larger, in effect as the "paper" size is still the same. In other words, by removing all white borders the bit you want to see grows in size.

I view music on a tablet  by the way and you will notice the file size actually increases after the edit (strange but true)

I hope I've made it clear enough above

Barrei T

Thank you I'll take look at Adobe Acrobat but its not free.

For PDF I normally use free Foxit PDF.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Graham UK for this post:
  • bazt (07-03-2022), Chello (07-03-2022), Roshure (07-03-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
@bazt

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membrane) *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • bazt (07-03-2022), Roshure (07-03-2022)
Add Thank You Reply
My program to make sheets, Notation Composer he can make big noots so big you want them that is really no problem,
But not forget the bigger the notes the more pages you get

In my sets also i can make a pdf file that takes 3 pages but if i make the notes much bigger it can become 9 pages or 14 pages you must not forget that

I have a program for that on my Pc  and i have big screens the bigger the screen the bigger the notes

I make a view exempels what i mean

1 = smal fits on one page  Global frontsize 10

2 = normal  Global Frontsize  20  = 3 pages

3 = Big Global frontsize  30 =  = 7 pages

4 Very Big  Globak frontsize   40 = 20 pages

I hope you understand what i mean the bigger the notes the more pages you get

On A pc or Tablet that is no problem but if u use paper wow than it will be a problem

easy to reed but   a problem to turn around the pages

And in this program i work many years now to make my Notation files with

You can do everything with this program change the notes  change the shorts what ever you want 

And when the notation is done i change the Rest in a Pdf program that can change the Notation file completely

But that program is not free i pay 150 Euro for one year to work with it but it is the money word

wow i have make so much Notation files that i pay every year for it

I love that program  

[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to OrganPlayer for this post:
  • Chello (06-28-2023), Chris (06-28-2023), Robinez (06-28-2023), Roshure (06-28-2023), thomas750 (06-28-2023), yves (06-28-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
I used the full version of Notation Composer for many years, trimming midi, usually 32 bars Verse & Chorus until a Win10 update stopped it working as it should.

These were printed out with early version BIAB 2005 with just 2 sheets of good size. 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Graham UK for this post:
  • Chello (06-28-2023), Chris (06-28-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
I dont print the notation that i have make in the notation program

i save it as a pdf file

And after that i use the program were i pay 150 euro for  to complete the notation file
The programs name is Soda PDF Desktop  14

I have now also a problem with Notation composer   i can not print it s a pdf file anymore

maybe somebody can help me with this also happend when i get a upgrade  from windows 11 

the latest Notation composer cost 150 euro i want pay for it but i really not know of that program can print to a pdf file

Maybe somebody know this

I have try the herinstal the program but my computer say you must ask the administrator of this pc i think it is me but really no idea what the mean with it 

but i work so many years with this program  only print as a pdf file is not possible anymore

Computers are really straince things a upgrade must be good but sometimes it change your programs
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to OrganPlayer for this post:
  • Chello (06-28-2023), Roshure (06-28-2023)
Add Thank You Reply
(07-03-2022, 12:37 PM)Graham UK Wrote: MuseScore. In MuseScore I know how to increase Chord & Note sizes & Delete Words.

QUESTION.Do we have a PC program to do the same with Lead Sheets by increasing for larger view & Print Out.?

My first step was to type a list of the larger, bolder "simple" chords that I want to use. These I scanned and saved as a tif file.
I now scan my smaller A5 size music books (148.5 x 210 mm / 5.8 x 8.3 inches) as tif files in order to enlarge them to A4 size (210 x 297 mm / 8.3 x 11.7 inches).
I use ArcSoft PhotoStudio to open a music sheet. This programme allows me to "stretch" the sheet to A4 size and to remove any item of the sheet that I do not want. I usually rearrange some items such as the composer's name and re-type the title.
I then add the larger simple chords that satisfy my desire for a simple song sheet. 
Attached is the before and after of the latest page that I have scanned.

.tif   Original scan 26 IT'S JUST THE TIME FOR DANCING.tif (Size: 18.69 MB / Downloads: 0)

.tif   26 IT'S JUST THE TIME FOR DANCING.tif (Size: 18.65 MB / Downloads: 0)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Chris for this post:
  • Chello (06-28-2023)
Add Thank You Reply