Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony HDR MV1
Having seen a test by Chello regarding the Zoom QH video recorder, saying essentially the sound quality was not up to scratch.
So i looked at similar products that are essentially a point and shoot system capturing good quality video and Sound.

Initially the reviews were mixed because Sony had not incorporated a swivel picture viewer and the screen was not touch sensitive.
Fortunately there were better reviews which captured the Sony`s real intentions
Looking at a demonstration, i noticed it was being used at a gig and they were raising it above their head to record.
Now i understand why they didn`t have a swivel screen as it would become intrusive, also why they didn`t make screen touch sensitive
as it could alter settings whilst recording

The Sony is small, fits into your hand and has good battery life also comes with a hardcase

The video quality is good, but the sound quality exceeded my expectations

Overall a very good quality sound and vision recorder for £200

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to whitecolin1 for this post:
  • Arius (11-20-2021), Chello (11-19-2021)
Add Thank You Reply
@Colin

Thanks for your quick test of this camera, which is a little brother to what I originally intended to buy.

Sony knows how to do these things properly, and I'm more than sure that this model is far better than what Zoom is.
Sony is also mechanically solid, while Zoom is cheap plastic throughout.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • Arius (11-20-2021), whitecolin1 (11-19-2021)
Add Thank You Reply