Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SYNCOPISATION OF STYLES
Information 
SYNCOPISATION OF STYLES

If you ask one of the world's best drummers what is most important, he will say: The syncopation.
This means that the different beats on the drums happen slightly before or slightly after the exact beat - this is what creates real rhythm.

At the same time, this is the major weakness of all keyboards, because all values are interpreted digitally as static values, while the reality of the music is dynamic.

The big question becomes:
Is it possible to program a style so that syncopation occurs?

I've had Kronos, and now have OASYS, and both use syncopated rhythm patterns.
This has only occurred to me recently, because I have had to realize that Kronos and OASYS are much more rewarding to play on, and found that the reason is syncopated rhythm patterns.

By chance, I made a style that had "wrong" synchronization (syncopization), and discovered the secret of why Kronos and OASYS are so much better rhythmically.

This can be easily realized by moving the markers for start and stop using marginal values such as 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2 bar.
A great many midi files are not 100% correctly synchronized, and must be corrected in this way.
By choosing a point other than the exact zero point where the style hits precisely the right bar, a "syncope style" can be created.
This is very difficult and requires a lot of experience, but is entirely possible.

I have now made my first syncope style, and personally I think this is the best style I have made to date.
The intention is to start producing this type of styles, as these are on a par with OASYS and Kronos in terms of quality, as long as the midi file parameters is good enough.
Shared knowledge provides increased knowledge
If we all share everything we have, we all have everything

KEYBOARDS, SYNTHS & MODULES I HAVE HAD AND HAVE
*Casio CTK 811-ex *Roland EXR-7 76 *Yamaha DGX-620 *Yamaha PSR-550 *Yamaha PSR-S700 *Korg Pa800 *Korg Pa3X 61 *Casio WK-7500 *Yamaha Tyros5 61 *Ketron Audya5 61 *Yamaha PSR S950 *Solton X8 Chromatic *Yamaha Tyros4 10th Anniversary *Korg Pa4X 61 *Roland BK-7m 
*Technics KN-6000 *Technics KN-7000 *Roli Seaboard RISE 49 *Deebach MAX Plus *Yamaha Genos *Korg Pa700 *Korg Kronos2 73 *Tyros4 61 *Ketron Audya 76 *Deebach BlackBox *Korg Pa2X Pro *Yamaha A3000 *Medeli AKX10 *Korg Nautilus 73 *Yamaha DGX-670 *Korg Krome EX-88 *Korg OASYS 76 *Korg Pa5X 76 *Yamaha Tyros1 *Ketron Audya 76

MY PA EQUIPMENT NON-ACTIVE AND ACTIVE
*Aune S6 32 bit DAC *MOTU 32 bit Audio Interface *FM Acoustics FM 300A Power amp (Clone) *MBL 6010 Pre Amp (Clone) *STAX SR-L300 (Lambda) electrostatic headphones with STAX SRM-252S Amplifier *beyerdynamic T70 headphones (without pads) *Jamo Cornet 145 *Quadrophonic speaker system consisting of baffles with horns equipped with Seas Exotic fullrange units (MeloDavid clones) *2 cabinets equipped with 2 pcs 6.5" Seas Excel /1 Seas Prestige 6.5" fullrange/1 pc Fountek NeoPro5i (with Dali DaCapo membrane) *Tweeter horns with Philips unit *Hexagonal subwoofer with 12 pieces Push&Pull coupled Seas Prestige 8" units and built-in XTZ power amplifiers & Cambridge C500 as pre amplifier
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Chello for this post:
  • bazt (02-13-2023), Chris (02-12-2023), ludo willems (02-12-2023), Roshure (02-12-2023), whitecolin1 (02-12-2023)
Add Thank You Reply